According to Sean Matthews, president of software provider Visix, the time of digital signage has arrived, and organisations without it are going to get left behind.
Here are 16 reasons to adopt digital signage:
1. Digital signs are bright, modern and dynamic. People are used to referencing screens on the go to get information, whether it’s phones, tablets or electronic posters. They’re also used to seeing digital signs in retail spaces, so digital signage for business is a small leap for them.
2. By replacing print communications, you can reduce ongoing costs for things like paper and ink.
3. You’ll save your staff time, which means more productive employees and money for your organisation. Visual messages don’t require graphic designers since most use templates. They can be scheduled quickly, then retire automatically.
4. You can show unified communications across your building, campus or in offices across the globe – all managed from a central content management system. You can allow one person, a team or multiple groups to contribute and manage your messages.
5. You can target what content gets delivered where, right down to the individual screen, or an area of a screen if you’re using a multi-zone layout.
6. Any good digital sign software will let you integrate event calendars, dashboards, news, weather and social feeds to keep your audience constantly informed and up to date. And they’re all automated, so you just have to set them up and let them run.
7. Keep everyone safe in an emergency by adding digital signs to your alert notification plan. CAP notices can automatically trigger alerts on screens with updates and instructions.
8. Digital signs greatly increase employee engagement, especially for today’s workforce. Engaged workers are happier and more productive, stay on the job longer and contribute more to the organisation.
9. You can show real-time metrics and progress toward goals to affect performance and motivate your people to do their very best.
10. Kudos and recognition on screens make people feel included, and let them know that management sees them and appreciates their efforts.
11. No one needs to ever miss an important HR or communications update with well-planned signage for business.
12. Meeting room signage can streamline the booking process for shared spaces, especially when integrated with your your calendering system.
13. Screens can advertise new products, services, limited time offers and loyalty programmes to everyone who comes to your venue.
14. Showing queuing data on digital signs reduces perceived wait times, further adding to people’s satisfaction and improving the visitor experience.
15. Interactive wayfinding, directories and info kiosks in public spaces can reduce the burden on lobby staff, allowing people to find their own way. This lets visitors browse the information they want in their own way, at their own pace, and frees up workers to provide more personalised service.
16. You can even sell ad space to nearby vendors, integrating your business into the local community and adding more value for visitors, as well as turning your business signage into a profit centre.
To submit your news please, contact firstname.lastname@example.org